Keto Chocolate Candy Kisses
It's Mother's Day Weekend and this is the perfect dessert for celebration. Try these low-carb chocolate candy kisses. It always amazes me how just a few simple ingredients can make such an amazing treat. This is one of the very best!
- 2 ounces / 56 grams cocoa butter
- 1 ounce / 28 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ounces / 56 grams toasted hazelnuts + 12 whole hazelnuts
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener - powdered in the grinder
- 1.5 ounces / 42 grams cocoa butter
- 0.5 ounce / 14 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Swerve Sweetener - powdered in the grinder
- Melt the cocoa butter for the filling in a double boiler sauce-pan. (I just placed it in a larger pan, filled with water and set on a medium flame)
- Add the cacao .powder and the powdered Swerve to the cocoa butter
- Mix well until all ingredients are blended.
- Coarsely grind hazelnuts in the coffee grinder.
- Add to melted mixture.
- Stir in well.
- Place the saucepan into a bath of water and ice to speed up cooling down. Make sure no water gets into the chocolate mix.
- Stir continuously until mix starts getting harder and crumbly, but still workable.
- Now make 12 balls out of the chocolate mixture using a spoon and your hands.
- Push a whole hazelnut on the top of the balls and shape in so it still slightly stick out.
- Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- While chocolates cool, melt the covering's ingredients in a small saucepan, with the same system as before.
- Just melt until liquid and well blended then set aside. Let cool for 5 minutes, until starting to thicken.
- Now remove chocolate balls from the freezer.
- Stick individual balls onto a bamboo skewer of toothpick.
- Now dip individual balls into the liquid coating and roll around well to coat evenly.
- Set in a glass or jar to cool until coating is hard and yo can remove them from the bamboo skewers.
- If you desire a thicker chocolate coating, double coating ingredients and repeat this process once more.