Bulletproof Shepard's Pie
The Bulletproof team craft the most incredible recipes. They are always reinventing classic dishes to meet the standards of the Bulletproof lifestyle. I cannot think of a meal that is more comforting than Shepard's Pie. This unlike any shepard's pie you've had before, replace the potato layer with mashed cauliflower, its genius!
Try it, you will love it. Let me know!
Bottom Beef Layer - Ingredients
- 1 pound grass; fed Angus ground beef
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour; Optional thickening gravy: Half cup vegetable stock
Middle Red Cabbage Layer - Ingredients
- Tablespoon or two bacon grease Tablespoon of butter
- Three leaks white; part only sliced
- Less than 1/4th head of cabbage shredded
- Two carrots diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
Mashed Cauliflower - Ingredients
- One head; cauliflower
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
- Bunch of chives; chopped
- Bunch of thyme; chopped
Bottom Beef Layer:
1. Cook ground beef on medium-low with 1/2 cup of water.
2.Optional: I added a few dashes of cayenne pepper (breaking open cayenne pepper capsules)
3.Move beef to baking dish.
4. If making gravy add a half cup of vegetable stock and 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour to the pan you cooked beef in.
5. Stir and once it thickens a bit add another 1/2 tablespoon. It should thicken quickly.
6. Pour over beef in baking dish.
Middle Red Cabbage Layer:
1. Put bacon grease and butter in pan and heat on medium.
2. Throw in the leaks and cook for a few minutes then add the cabbage and carrots.
3. Add apple cider vinegar cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium-low.
4. Spoon on top of beef in baking dish.
1. Chop cauliflower and steam until tender.
2. Put butter and steamed cauliflower into a food processor or blender.
3.Blend to desired consistency.
4.Spoon on top of cabbage in baking dish.
Sprinkle some fresh thyme on the top (I also added a little bit of chopped chives).
Bake on 350 for 15 minutes, just enough to crisp up the mashed cauliflower a bit.